Herbal Consultants Pvt. Ltd. works in development of orgaic and non-organic herbal farmings.
Farming is both challenging and exciting. We have compiled knowledge about how things grow and why some growing methods might be preferred over other methods. We guide the hi-tech farm solutions like protected cultivation (poly-house/net-house). Drip irrigation, Organic farming which reduces farm operations and labour expenses. We help to develop farm information systems. We also facilitate the market linkage to farm produce.
We provide start to end services such as:
- Land development.
- Land / soil testing.
- Organic certifications.
- Herbal cultivation.
- Organic fertilization.
- Organic pesticides.
- Herbal raw plant marketing and sales.
We guide you through the following steps in Herbal Farming:
1. Herb Selection
- Comparative pricing of different herbs.
- Market demand and sale potential of the herb.
- Budget required for the cultivation of each herb.
- Feasibility of the herb considering climate and quality of land.
- Herb productivity compared with other alternatives.
2. Land Preparation
- Effects of any disease from the previous cultivation and steps needed to minimize this impact.
- Organic Fertilizers needed to bring land to its normal fertility depending upon the previous crops and fertilizer used.
- Layout and design of the field with respect to herb for efficient irrigation.
- Latest techniques for leveling the fields and their cost.
3. Seed Selection
- Price and quantity needed per acre.
- Average yield and sprout to sown ratio.
- Suitability to particular area and climate.
- Water requirement.
- Resistance to diseases.
- Location of distribution offices for the seed.
4. Seed Sowing
- Appropriate time to sow the seed.
- Optimal weather conditions at sowing time.
- Best method for the sowing of seeds.
- Seed sowing depth.
- Critical time for irrigation.
- Amount of water to be given to the plants.
- Frequency of irrigation.
6. Herb Growth
- Number of plants per unit of area with respect to the density.
- Average growth rate of the herb in normal conditions.
- Comparison of herb growth rate, leaf size, crop color etc. with expected growth for given conditions and input.
- Interventions needed to maintain expected growth.
- Frequency, quantity and method for organic fertilization.
- Proper time, frequency and method for plowing.
- Proper time, frequency and method for weeding.
- Expected pest and virus attacks, symptoms of such attacks, precautionary measure that can be taken in advance to avoid these attacks, immediate actions including organic pesticide to be used to kill pests and viruses, quantity of pesticide to be used per acre, most effective method for pesticide spray, avoid health issues related to pesticide spray.
- Proper time and method for harvesting.
- Comparative market rates.
- Proper crop or herb storage.
- Cost of transportation.